[Bro] Libcaf errors

M P mpselab at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 11:25:29 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Matthias Vallentin <vallentin at icir.org>
wrote:

> > Is the branch pushed already? I am not able to locate it yet. I will wait
> > some time and try again and will update with my results.
>
> Yes, I pushed it immediately:
>
>     https://github.com/bro/broker/tree/topic/caf-0.14-fix

Ah, it is under Bro's repo; I was looking in the Actor Framework repo.
Thanks for pointing this out.

> Let me know how it works.

Bro compiled successfully with the fix you provided. Here is what I did for
sanity checking and as a reference if somebody else faces the same issue.

1. Cloned the Actor Frame (0.14.0) again and deleted the old one (0.13.2)

2. Cloned Broker and merged the caf-0.14-fix branch:

   git clone https://github.com/bro/broker.git
   git pull origin topic/caf-0.14-fix

3. Copied the contents of the just cloned/merged broker fix branch into
Bro's broker directory (this and step 2 could have been done directly using
git, but not sure how :) ):

    cp -r broker/* bro-2.4/aux/broker/

4. Compile Bro successfully.

    ldd /usr/local/bro/bon/bro

   libcaf_io.so.0.14.0 => /usr/local/lib/libcaf_io.so.0.14.0
(0x00007fcccc6fb000)

>     Matthias

Thank you Matthias.
MP