[Bro] Bro Cluster User

Aashish Sharma asharma at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 23 10:20:59 PDT 2015

>    I attempted to create a test folder where Bro is attempting to create its
>    directories on a node, and that failed with permissions denied as expected

Yes, thats what is happening.

When setting up, I believe you'd want to make sure that on all the nodes, there is a directory with same path, ownership and premissions as the directory you have bro installed on the manager.

For example: if you have bro:bro with install prefix of /usr/local/bro-2.4

make sure your other nodes also have a /usr/local/bro-2.4 with bro:bro permissions.

That should fix this issue.

(Oh also make sure you ssh with both hostname and ip address once to your nodes and "yes" the ssh banner/warning)

let me know if you still encounter problems.

Aashish