[Bro] Multiple masters to ease the workload

Dave Crawford bro at pingtrip.com
Thu Jun 4 18:37:29 PDT 2015

Is it actually 100% RAM usage by applications? Since the manager can be performing a significant amount of disk writes the kernel will allocate ‘free’ memory as ‘cached’ to increase file performance. The cached memory is released when applications demand more memory.

Below is the current memory usage on one of my mangers that is handling 25 workers and 2 proxies. At first glance it appears that all the memory has been consumed, but notice how 122G is cached.

Mem:          126G       125G       384M         0B       329M       122G
-/+ buffers/cache:       2.6G       123G
Swap:          33G         0B        33G

-Dave