[Bro] "services" variable referenced in known-services.bro

Earl Eiland earl.eiland at root9b.com
Mon Jun 8 08:06:12 PDT 2015

Hello, Seth.

the services field in conn.log does report http and dns, so I looked in their sripts for references to the services variable.  There doesn't appear to be one, so how is the services variable populated?

Best Regards,

Earl Eiland,
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer,
Emerging Technologies, root9B,
San Antonio, Texas

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named.  If you are not the named addressee you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately by email if you received this email in error and delete this email from your system. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of root9B LLC.​