[Bro] HTTPS Analyzer

N B nb.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:30:12 PDT 2015

Thanks Johanna. Much appreciated for the suggestion of extending the SSL
analyzer.

> "you basically can just shove the decrypted data back into the Bro
processing pipeline."

I am assuming that by above you mean to just call the "ForwardStream()"
method? Please confirm if that's the case.

> "The biggest problem will probably be to get the SSL analyzer changed to
> decrypt the data. You also will have to get your encryption keys into Bro
> somehow before the first encrypted data packet is parsed by the SSL
> analyzer."

Getting the key loaded via the new class's constructor or as a static
initialized value won't be enough? Maybe I missed something important here.
Can you please clarify?

Thanks
Nikunj