[Bro] disable_stream vs remove_filter

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Jun 17 22:10:17 PDT 2015

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 10:01 AM, Adam Hall <abhall1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> 1) Will one give me a performance gain over the other?

Probably nothing noticeable.

> 2) Will one cause problems for other calls being made (If I disable_stream and something calls that stream will it break)?

Nope, no problems.

> 3) If I disable a stream and later decide to add a new filter, will that work?

I’m having trouble remembering, but logging settings may not all be changeable at runtime.  I’m actually curious which settings are possible at runtime.  I assume you were talking about changes during runtime?

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/