[Bro] saving raw packet payload to text file

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Jun 17 22:12:08 PDT 2015

> On Jun 6, 2015, at 5:03 PM, Fateme Eskandari <f.eskandary2009 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> i have a pcap file that contain data about some protocols. i want to have a text file for every protocol from my pcap file that contains all raws of packet payload in asccii format. just like this:
> which command could i use?

redef Conn::default_extract=T;

That will create a directory named “contents” in your CWD and fill it with files containing the data you want.  One difference is that Bro writes each flow to a separate file so a connection would write out two files.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/