[Bro] missing fields in conn.log

Earl Eiland earl.eiland at root9b.com
Thu Jun 18 08:16:38 PDT 2015

awesome!  Thanks.

Best Regards,

Earl Eiland,

From: Seth Hall <seth at icir.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:22 AM
To: Earl Eiland
Cc: bro at bro.org
Subject: Re: [Bro] missing fields in conn.log

> On Jun 18, 2015, at 9:28 AM, Earl Eiland <earl.eiland at root9b.com> wrote:
>
> For example, my test data includes MODBUS traffic, and one of the optional conn fields is "modbus".  I've checked loaded-scripts.log: modbus/main.bro is loaded.  Also modbus.log is being output and populated.  conn.log, however, does not include a "modbus" field.

Eep!  You just discovered a bug.  The analyzer is never validating the protocol successfully (which is required in order for it to show up in conn.log).  I’m going to do a patch now that fixes it.

“modbus” should be showing up in the “service” field of conn.log (which represents analyzers that were attached and successfully analyzed a connection.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/