[Bro] Error in Netbios analyzer

Danilo Nicolò dani.nicolo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:22:50 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm working on an application based on Bro and we need to use SMB and
Netbios analyzers at the moment.
If I try to use the NetBIOS SSN analyzer found in the master git, I receive
an error when I try to enable the analyzer.

        Analyzer::enable_analyzer(Analyzer::ANALYZER_NETBIOSSSN);

        Analyzer::register_for_ports(Analyzer::ANALYZER_NETBIOSSSN, ports);

This is the received error:

Internal error: unknown analyzer name NETBIOS; mismatch with tag
analyzer::Component?

So I have seen the NetbiosSSN.cc file and I have found the line that should
be fixed.

At line 458 you can see that

NetbiosSSN_Analyzer::NetbiosSSN_Analyzer(Connection* conn)
:tcp::TCP_ApplicationAnalyzer("NETBIOS", conn)

I've changed "NETBIOS" string to "NETBIOSSN", then re-built it and Bro
worked.

Can you let me know that this fix is correct?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Danilo