[Bro] New installation crashes appear to be ssh-related

Vlad Grigorescu vlad at grigorescu.org
Mon Mar 30 08:05:54 PDT 2015

Also, do you happen to have a core dump of this? It would help with
debugging.

To answer your question about BinPAC - BinPAC is a Binary Protocol Analyzer
Compiler. Some analyzers in Bro are written in a language that BinPAC will
compile to C++. When you compile Bro, this compilation happens, and then
that C++ code gets compiled with the rest of Bro. So, it's not really a
plugin - you could technically build Bro without BinPAC, but in practice,
you wouldn't want to do that.

Hope that makes sense,

  --Vlad