[Bro] Question about Broker

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Mon May 11 08:41:24 PDT 2015

> On May 11, 2015, at 3:07 AM, Vito Logrillo <vitologrillo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 4. I've configured the listener with netcat -l 9999
> 5. netstat -ant on my bro machine
>
> The last command shows an established connection between the bro
> machine and the listener, but there's no data exchange.

That seems ok to me: the TCP connection gets established, but a plain netcat listener doesn’t have any concept of broker data/messages/connection-handshake to be able to communicate in a meaningful way.  Are you just doing this to troubleshoot some other connection problems? What are you expecting or trying to do?

- Jon