[Bro] About BRO

anthony kasza anthony.kasza at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:57:51 PDT 2015

Detecting denial of service attacks aren't as clear cut as detecting other
attacks e.g. SQL injection. What constitutes a DoS depends on your networks
specifics, such as bandwidth. A DoS to your network might not be a DoS to a
larger network.
This being said, Bro does have the ability to detect common port scan
attacks. I believe the detection scripts are built on the sumstats
framework. Here's one Seth wrote <
https://github.com/sethhall/bro-junk-drawer/blob/master/scan_udp.bro>. I
hope that helps.

-AK