[Bro] Bro +Splunk

Patrick Kelley pkelley at hyperionavenue.com
Thu Nov 5 07:18:36 PST 2015

Yes!  Use the Splunk Universal Forwarder and monitor the
"/usr/local/bro/logs/current" folder.  Make sure you configure Splunk to
receive the data.   This can be done under settings.

*Instructions*

Install the forwarder -

http://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/universal-forwarder.html

Add the location of your Splunk server -
./splunk add forward-server 172.0.0.20:9997

Add the monitor command -
./splunk add monitor //usr/local/bro/logs/current

That's it.