[Bro] About signatures

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Oct 5 09:54:34 PDT 2015

You might want to read this paper for more context about Bro's
signature framework: http://www.icir.org/robin/papers/ccs03.ps.

The comment you cite below is not saying signatures that aren't useful
at all in Bro; it's just saying that blindly converting Snort
signatures to Bro signatures hasn't proven to be a very useful thing
to do in practice.

Robin

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin