[Bro] Help with Bro & ES

Chris Williams cw13 at umbc.edu
Wed Oct 21 09:16:34 PDT 2015

I recently installed Bro, and I am trying to get it to work with elastic
search (with Kibana as a front end.) I have alerts getting to ES and it
shows up in Kibana, but it is a mix of unintelligible json messages. For
example, some don't have timestamps:

*{  "_index": "bro-201510191500",  "_type": "loaded_scripts",  "_id":
"AVCBw07WiyISA4W_6X0j",  "_score": 1,  "_source": {    "name": "
/usr/local/bro/share/bro/base/bif/bro.bif.bro"  }}*

Can anyone provide guidance, or suggest resources on organizing and sorting
alerts/messages such that I can use it with ES/Kibana? I am not sure if I
missed something in configuration and I am having a tough time finding
resources online for further suggestions.

Thanks!

Chris Williams
---