[Bro] Deployment Customization Questions

Davison, Charles Robert cdaviso1 at vols.utk.edu
Tue Sep 8 13:41:23 PDT 2015

Good Afternoon,

I have made it so far to Browsing Log Files in Bro via the documentation provided under the Quick Start Guide and Managing Bro with BroControl<https://www.bro.org/sphinx/quickstart/index.html#managing-bro-with-brocontrol>. I am now in the Redefining Script Option Variables section and am trying to understand the documentation regarding adding the statement to local.bro:

redef Notice::ignored_types += { SSL::Invalid_Server_Cert };

I browsed out to the below location and tried to insert the above text but don't know where to insert it. Can this be anywhere in the document? Also, how would you know to look into main.bro at the module notice and derive what needs to be added to local.bro, in this example or others?

/usr/local/bro/share/bro/site

Thank you,

Charles