[Bro] PF_Ring and Bro - packet loss

Jason Williams jwilliams at emergingthreats.net
Fri Sep 11 12:07:24 PDT 2015

Nathanael,

Just from initial glance you may want to allocate more slots in pfring...

Min Num Slots      : 4096
Bucket Len         : 8192
Slot Len           : 8224 [bucket+header]
Tot Memory         : 33697792
Tot Packets        : 153298629
Tot Pkt Lost       : 60413245
Tot Insert         : 92885384
Tot Read           : 92829402
Insert Offset      : 3522336
Remove Offset      : 3537608
Num Free Slots     : 0 <--------------

maybe

modprobe pf_ring enable_tx_capture=0 min_num_slots=32768