[Bro] Bro Cluster Documentation Error

Davison, Charles Robert cdaviso1 at vols.utk.edu
Mon Sep 14 12:56:41 PDT 2015

I assume attachments don't work... here is the test output:

root at ip-172-31-41-32:/home/ubuntu# export PATH=/usr/local/bro/bin:$PATH

root at ip-172-31-41-32:/home/ubuntu# broctl

Warning: broctl node config has changed (run the broctl "deploy" command)

Warning: Bro node "bro" possibly still running on host "localhost" (PID 16564)

Welcome to BroControl 1.4

Type "help" for help.

[BroControl] > install

removing old policies in /usr/local/bro/spool/installed-scripts-do-not-touch/sit                                                                             e ...

removing old policies in /usr/local/bro/spool/installed-scripts-do-not-touch/aut                                                                             o ...

creating policy directories ...

installing site policies ...

generating cluster-layout.bro ...

generating local-networks.bro ...

generating broctl-config.bro ...

generating broctl-config.sh ...

updating nodes ...

Host key verification failed.

Host key verification failed.

Error: cannot create (some of the) directories /usr/local/bro,/usr/local/bro/log                                                                             s,/usr/local/bro/spool,/usr/local/bro/spool/tmp on node worker-1

[BroControl] > Host key verification failed.

Host key verification failed.

Host key verification failed.

Host key verification failed.

Thank you,