[Bro] Is it possible to export pcap for a given event / connection?

Hosom, Stephen M hosom at battelle.org
Wed Sep 23 10:27:37 PDT 2015

Dirk,

Bro doesn't really have a good way to export packet captures.

You would be best off running something like time machine or stenographer (both open source packet capture projects) and then using Bro to export the small pcap related to the connection you want. If you'd like some pointers on how to do that, let me know. I've got some similar stuff going on in my environment.

Thanks,

Stephen