[Bro] File name from fa_file

Pigott, Nathan Nathan.Pigott at parsons.com
Tue Sep 29 10:08:01 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm having problems getting file names from fa_file - the field f$info$filename is showing up uninitialized on every single fa_file in all my tests.  Is there a known reason why this would be happening?  I'm using Bro 2.3, but I tested on 2.4 as well and got the same results.

Are there any alternative ways to get file names?  For now I'm parsing the URL returned by Files::describe(f), but this does not work if the URL doesn't contain the file name, or if the file was transferred with a protocol other than HTTP.

Thanks,
Nathan Pigott