[Bro] Memory Issue with Bro

Azoff, Justin S jazoff at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 29 12:18:53 PDT 2015

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 12:29 PM, Sampada Kathare <skathare at solarflare.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> These are the bro workers. I haven't shown the memory usage of the Bro manager and proxy processes. I believe the manager is the one that takes up most of the memory as when I stop the manager, the available free memory goes up by almost 10G! I will send out that log shortly.

There's actually a manager parent and child process, knowing which one is using the memory can help figure this out.

> Could the manager in anyway be accumulating per worker or per flow state and not freeing it?
>
> Thanks!

There is sort of a known issue if the manager can't keep up logging the amount of data it is being sent.
What sort of data are you sending bro? Is it something like random data that will cause a LOT of logging?

--
- Justin Azoff