[Bro] Bro not producing a notice.log

Jeff Geiger jeff.geiger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:04:04 PDT 2016

I don't know if anything has changed in the last few years, but I know it
used to be the case that you could not put an AWS interface into
promiscuous mode.  To get around this, you had to use a tool like
daemonlogger to dump packets from the external interface to a tap, tun, or
bridge interface and monitor that.  For larger scale implementations, you
can use openvpn internally to route all the traffic back to your sensor.  I
set up a PoC doing similar with Snort a few years back. (
https://github.com/jeffgeiger/CloudSnort)  Hopefully that helps, if this is
still the case.

Best,

Jeff Geiger