[Bro] Question about network cards

Slagell, Adam J slagell at illinois.edu
Tue Apr 12 13:32:47 PDT 2016

A lot of people use Intel cards with pf_ring. We have both.

On Apr 12, 2016, at 3:31 PM, Giesige, Rich <Rich.Giesige at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Rich.Giesige at oregonstate.edu>> wrote:

Hello,

I’m wondering what people are using for network cards in their bro clusters that are not using the Myricom Network Cards. We don’t have a $1,000 dollars per a card + license to spend on the cards. Is anyone using Intel or other brands that aren’t as expensive to capture their traffic? We are looking at doing all 10 Gig connections into the Bro Cluster.

Thanks for all your answers.

--
Richard Giesige
IT Security Analyst

"OSU staff will NEVER ask for you password.
Never email or share your password with anyone."