[Bro] build error on OSX ElC; OpenSSL

Heiland, Randy heiland at iu.edu
Tue Apr 19 13:32:02 PDT 2016

Hi,

Trying to build Bro on OSX (10.11), I get an error about not being able to find my OpenSSL. Any ideas?

Before attempting the config, I set the following env vars:
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/ssl/include
OPENSSL_LIBRARIES=/usr/local/ssl/lib
OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=/usr/local/ssl

~/git/bro$ ./configure --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl
Build Directory : build
Source Directory: /Users/heiland/git/bro
-- Found sed: /usr/local/bin/sed
-- Found PythonInterp: /Users/heiland/anaconda3/bin/python (found version "3.5.1")
-- Found FLEX: /usr/bin/flex (found version "2.5.35")
-- Found BISON: /usr/local/bin/bison
-- Found PCAP: /usr/lib/libpcap.dylib
-- Performing Test PCAP_LINKS_SOLO
-- Performing Test PCAP_LINKS_SOLO - Success
-- Looking for pcap_get_pfring_id
-- Looking for pcap_get_pfring_id - not found
-- Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing:  OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at aux/binpac/CMakeLists.txt:17 (message):
   Could not find prerequisite package 'OpenSSL'

CMake Error at aux/binpac/CMakeLists.txt:19 (message):
  Configuration aborted due to missing prerequisites

thanks,
Randy

p.s. what’s recommended to search your mail archive - gmane?