[Bro] Telnet log

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 22 09:54:47 PDT 2016

Mayyyybe...?

There's an older Login analyzer which claims to have support for
Telnet, but I personally haven't used it, so I don't know how well it
would work. I believe that it was pretty thorough, it just hasn't been
used in a while.

The events you're looking for are:

https://www.bro.org/sphinx/scripts/base/bif/plugins/Bro_Login.events.bif.bro.html#id-login_output_line
https://www.bro.org/sphinx/scripts/base/bif/plugins/Bro_Login.events.bif.bro.html#id-login_input_line

However, as the TODO states, this protocol analyzer does not get
activated in Bro 2.x. A copy of the script that Bro used to use is here,
though it's a mess and would require porting and cleanup:

https://github.com/grigorescu/bro-scripts/blob/master/scripts/todo/needs_review/login.bro

I might start with something like this, run it against some PCAPs and
then start building a log from there:

> const ports = { 23/tcp };
>
> event bro_init() &priority=5
> 	{
> 	Analyzer::register_for_ports(Analyzer::ANALYZER_LOGIN, ports);
> 	}
>
> event login_input_line(c: connection, line: string)
>   {
>   print "<-", line;
>   }
>
> event login_output_line(c: connection, line: string)
>   {
>   print "->", line;
>   }

  --Vlad