[Bro] question about plugin init

Dk Jack dnj0496 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:57:27 PDT 2016

could some please comment on my query.

Another related question, can two protocol analyzer modules register for
the same dpd signature? thanks.

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Dk Jack <dnj0496 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying write a bro analyzer plugin. My directory structure for my
> plugin is shown below.
> My scripts __load__.bro loads my init.bro and analyzer/test/test.bro. My
> test.bro file registers
> for 'event bro_init' in which I am registering for some ports. I can see
> both my bro scripts are

loaded in loaded_scripts.log. However, my bro_init event is never triggered
> and hence my
> ports are never registered. I can say my ports are not registered, because
> I put a print in my bro_init

function and I never see it. It doesn't complain even if I put
> syntactically incorrect code in my bro_init

function. Could someone shed some light on why my bro_init event is not