[Bro] Revisiting CEF formatted BRO Logs

Patrick Cain pcain at coopercain.com
Sat Aug 27 09:22:19 PDT 2016

Hi,

In Arcsight speak: You could also just create a flex connector to read the
ascii/json bro logs and spit out CEF. The easy way is to create one flex for
each file you're reading; the much more fun way is to craft one big one that
handles all the different files using a multi-file reader (There is an old
project on github that did this.).

I took the one-flex-per-filetype approach. Took a few hours to get logs
flowing.

Pat