[Bro] Linux vs FreeBSD

Clark Gaylord cgaylord at vt.edu
Sat Dec 10 09:16:44 PST 2016

Yeah this is probably a faq but thought I'd see if, especially with newer
bro, there's a prevailing wind. I've been running single 1gig Linux bro box
for a little over a year and it just hums along. For my Christmas project,
I'm going to upgrade to 10 gig (probably only single) and will likely
rebuild the box while I'm at it. A second 10 gig is possible in the future.
I'm comfortable with both FreeBSD and Linux and will have Myricom 10 gig
NIC. Thoughts/suggestions regarding implementation choices?

--
Clark Gaylord
cgaylord at vt.edu
... autocorrect may have improved this message
    brevity should not be interpreted as curtness ...