[Bro] CPU usage with no traffic on Bro 2.5 with AF_PACKET

Ed Sealing ed.sealing at sealingtech.org
Sat Dec 17 09:54:58 PST 2016

Thanks Jon. I'll take a look. I should clarify.

I'm working on a multi-tenant solution with Bro, Docker, and SR-IOV. The
plan is to support 10Gbps+, with VLANs as the dividers for tenants. The
containerized Bro is working and I'm able to run multiple Bro instances for
multiple tenants. However, when I start additional Bro containers, they
each consume 6% CPU (12% for 2, 18% for 3, etc).

Would the usleep patch still apply to a high-throughput solution?

--

R/S

*Ed Sealing President / CEO*
*CISSP, CEH, RHCSA*