[Bro] broctl unable to find peers

Zeolla@GMail.com zeolla at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:29:31 PST 2016

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the issue.  `tcpdump -nn -i
${interface} "dst net ${Worker_Subnet}/24 and src host ${Manager}"` shows
plenty of valid traffic between the manager the cluster members, and
everything else in the cluster appears to be functioning normally.

I modified the iptables to allow all tcp ports between members of the
cluster, restarted iptables, verified the new rules were effective across
all systems, and tested `./broctl status` again, but it failed the same way
as before.

Jon

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 12:56 PM Azoff, Justin S <jazoff at illinois.edu>
wrote:

> > On Dec 21, 2016, at 12:49 PM, Zeolla at GMail.com <zeolla at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've tested with iptables stopped and have the same issue. We do
> typically run with iptables up but have openings for all the required
> communication as far as I'm aware.
>

> Are you sure?  That's always what this is.
>
> If you run tcpdump at the same time you should see the manager try (and
> probably fail) to connect to the other nodes.
>
> It's probably working when you do one at a time because only one has to
> timeout instead of all of them.
>

> --
> - Justin Azoff
>

> --