[Bro] Bro cluster requirements and manager logging backlog bug

Hovsep Levi hovsep.sanjay.levi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:12:22 PST 2016

> I think getting it to work for the kafka use cases may only require a few
> lines of code to be changed (basically do for logger nodes what broctl
> already does for proxy nodes)

I don't know how to do that.

I think I'm confused between what I can do at the script layer vs modifying
something in the base.  Are you referring to
base/frameworks/cluster/setup-connections.bro ?

Are you suggesting I override the single logger limit and have each logger
export via Kafka ?  I guess one logger process for each worker node used by
all workers local to that node.

Do I need to build a custom cluster-layout to do this ?