[Bro] [bro] FTP User Name

Tim Desrochers tgdesrochers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 07:58:50 PST 2016

Unfortunately I cannot share any pcap due to the network the device is on.
I can share that we believe FTP account accessed is in the name of the
"USER" field recorded by bro but the AD user who uploaded to item is a
different user.

So I guess my question should be, does bro pull the name from the the FTP
session or does it try to pull info from something like the devices log to
determine the user of the IP address who uploaded the file?