[Bro] event suppression

Azoff, Justin S jazoff at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 16 06:56:18 PST 2016

port_scan_interval is not the suppression interval:

        ## Port scans detect that an attacking host appears to be
        ## scanning a single victim host on several ports.  This notice
        ## is generated when an attacking host attempts to connect to
        ## :bro:id:`Scan::port_scan_threshold`
        ## unique ports on a single host over the previous
        ## :bro:id:`Scan::port_scan_interval` time range.

    ## Failed connection attempts are tracked over this time interval for
    ## the port scan detection.  A higher interval will detect slower
    ## scanners, but may also yield more false positives.

If you want to change the suppression interval, use:

redef Notice::type_suppression_intervals += {
    [Scan::Port_Scan]           = 300sec,
    [Scan::Address_Scan]        = 300sec,
};

--