[Bro] File Extraction: doc/xls=ok, docx/xlsx=ko

Peter Österberg peter.osterberg at hexbit.se
Fri Feb 19 01:09:07 PST 2016

Just an idea

What would the output be if you try to print the
contents to stdout? Nice way of learing what the variable actually
contains...

Put this somewhere just before the call to write the file.
Then you know if you have a valid filename or not. Good practise is to
use print when unsure about the contents of a variable, it will quickly
reveal stuff instead of fumbling in total darkness.

print
f$info$filename

As said earlier, I've never tried using that variable
but it should be there and hold the right value at least according to
the documentation.

/Peter

puntogtg at tiscali.it:

> Of course the user has rights to write in that
folder and the folder exist, in fact with previous conf everything is
ok, apart the name of the files..

scritto:

>> Does the user you are running Bro as have permission to
write to that directory? Does the directory exist?

>> .Seth

On Feb 18, 2016, at 10:57 AM, puntogtg at tiscali.itwrote: Hello, now no
errors but behavior is like after first suggestion of Peter: files not
created. Any idea? Il 18.02.2016 16:28 Seth Hall ha scritto:

On Feb 18, 2016, at 9:17 AM, puntogtg at tiscali.it wrote: Hello, I put
redef FilesExtract::prefix = "/bro/extracted/";
mistake... redef FileExtract::prefix = "/bro/extracted/"; .Seth -- Seth
Hall International Computer Science Institute (Bro) because everyone has
a network http://www.bro.org/ [1]
>>> Connetti gratis il mondo con la
nuova indoona: hai la chat, le chiamate, le video chiamate e persino le
chiamate di gruppo. E chiami gratis anche i numeri fissi e mobili nel
mondo! Scarica subito l'app Vai su https://www.indoona.com/ [2]

--

https://www.indoona.com/ [2]

bro at bro-ids.org