[Bro] [bro]Intel Card Question

Tim Desrochers tgdesrochers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:58:57 PST 2016

I thought I'd push this out to the group.

I'm having issues with a bunch of Intel x520 10gig cards. I install the
newest ixgbe driver from the Intel page and run "modprobe -r ixgbe;
modprobe allow_unsupported_sfp=1,1" but I still cannot get the cards to
recognize any sfp's. I've used Cisco, Intel, and others with no luck.  I've
tried a number of cables as well.

The strangest part is, after a while the server seems to stop recognizing
the nic all together. I run IP link and all I get are eth0-eth3 not 4 or 5
(the 10gig card).

Anyone using these cards that would be able to assist me in getting them to
recognize an sfp and show link.

I've tried all I can think and using copper I'm dropping packets because am
mirroring 4, 1 gig ports to a single 10gig port out to my sensor.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim