[Bro] Hardware recommends

Nash, Paul Paul.Nash at tufts.edu
Tue Jan 26 12:12:32 PST 2016

Of note - we ran into some problems with an AMD setup.  Others can chime in with more detail, but the synopsis was that the AMD cores run at a slower clock speed and just can’t keep up with the amount of data coming in.  For reference, it was a 64core AMD Opteron system w/128gb of ram.  I’m in the process of horse trading the AMD box for a 32core Intel Xeon system that should be able to better keep up with the data coming in.  We were pushing ~1.2gbs and the manager couldn’t keep up and would slowly consume all memory.

 -Paul