[Bro] Binpac analyzer error

Matias Davaro matiasdavaro at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:22:57 PST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to learn the bro programming language and following along with
Jon Schipp's youtube video bro - writing an analyzer. When I attempt to
generate the files for the protocol I receive the following error:

/binpac_quickstart$ ./start.py RIP "Routing Internet Protocol" ../bro --udp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./start.py", line 177, in <module>
    main(arguments)
  File "./start.py", line 59, in main
    if do_plugin:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'do_plugin' referenced before assignment
elcabezon at elcabezon:~/binpac_quickstart$

However when I append plugin at the end of the command, the files are
generated in the src and scripts directory. I just want to know what I am
doing wrong. Thank you very much.

Very respectfully,

Matias