[Bro] Question on "BROBASE"

Raj Srinivasan raj at bivio.net
Fri Jul 1 15:56:58 PDT 2016

Hello,

We have a test environment where we want to run multiple bro instances. Thus, we would like to have /usr/local/bro1, /usr/local/bro2, etc. Is there a way I can change the "BROBASE" variable for copies of the first instance, or do I have to generate the other instances with a "make install" for each? "BROBASE" is an internal variable, and the documentation seems to discourage changing it. This seems to be the cleanest way for us to ensure that we can configure each instance totally independently of the others.

Thanks,
Raj