[Bro] problem ingesting bro json logs into splunk

philosnef philosnef at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 07:23:32 PDT 2016

There are no 00.log files in Bro, so the automatic generation of the sourcetype bro_00 makes no sense. It does not follow the standard sourcetype pinning that all the other log files generate. find . -name "00*" in the parent logs directory reports zero logs of this type. This only occured when we moved off of Bro standard log format to JSON format.