[Bro] problem ingesting bro json logs into splunk

Drew Dixon dwdixon at umich.edu
Thu Jul 14 09:14:44 PDT 2016

Sorry hope I'm not hijacking- quick question very closely related to
this...is the Splunk app for Bro that Brandon linked to here supposed to
parse out all the various bro 2.4.1 log types' fields correctly?
In other words, is the latest version of the Splunk app fro Bro/TA supposed
to work properly for parsing out Bro log fields with they way the log
fields/columns etc. are now in Bro 2.4.1? I think the Splunk Add-on for Bro
IDS was written for Bro 2.1 or 2.2...do changes that were made in
subsequent versions of Bro such as 2.4.1 break the fields being parsed out
in Splunk when using this Splunk Add-on for Bro/Bro TA in Splunkbase?  Or
does Splunk need to update the add-on to work properly with Bro 2.4.1?

Thank you,

-Drew