[Bro] ftp.log file isn't logging ftp related requests.

Aneela Safdar ansaf_130 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 23:37:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have bro and proftpd server installed on linux. I tried to connect with this server through a intentionally brute force attack with random usernames and passwords thinking ftp.log will record these attempts but it didn't. Instead ftp.log I am getting these requests logged in weird.log file.
I did same with ssh service but i logged all requests and related information in ssh.log file.How come I can make ftp.log file to log all ftp related information which I genuinely think should be a default setting. Isn't so?

Regards, Aneela Safdar