[Bro] What will happen to Log files rotation if they are monitored/in used by another background program

Aneela Safdar ansaf_130 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 05:20:59 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am working on  a project to monitor bro log files for instance ssh.log to send any new entry that has been appended to it, to a server by a background java process.
As rotation period moves file from current directory to a another and create new file when there are records to be logged, I am curious what could happen if background monitoring program wont let those files to move somewhere as they are obviously in use by it.
 I ran my program on a test directory with some test records and when I tried to move that file to simulate the real scenario, it prompted me that I cant move or delete this file as its already open in java process.
 Regards, Aneela Safdar