[Bro] ElasticSearch plugin

Landy Bible landy-bible at utulsa.edu
Tue Jun 14 09:03:36 PDT 2016

For what it's worth, using the de_dot filter in logstash with the following
config converts the fields to be nested, and didn't even require any
changes to any of my kibana queries or dashboards. Everything just worked.
ElasticSearch is happy and I can upgrade to v2 now and nothing changed from
the user's point of view. All I did was tack this on the end of my filter
config file on my logstash servers.

filter {
  de_dot {
    nested => true
  }
}

Of course, I wouldn't complain about bro just nesting correctly in JSON. :)

-Landy

Landy Bible
Information Security Analyst
The University of Tulsa