[Bro] SIP Analyzer and SDP payload

Valerio valerio.click at gmx.com
Sun Mar 6 11:01:26 PST 2016

Hi all,

I am exploring how the SIP protocol analyzer works and it seems that SIP
analyzer does not extract SDP payload out of SIP messages.
I am trying to extend the SIP analyzer to extract such info and print it
in an additional field of the sip.log file.

Unfortunately, I am not able to see where the boolean variable
"sip_reply" accessed in sip-analyzer.pac:37 is actually defined and set.
The same holds for sip_request (sip-analyzer.pac:22), sip_header
(sip-analyzer.pac:53).
Can someone point me where and how these variables are populated?

best regards,
Valerio