[Bro] Bro and dependencies updates

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at illinois.edu
Mon May 9 07:49:34 PDT 2016

It's hard to say. A running cluster *should* not be affected. broctl
(which by default runs every 5 minutes) might stop working. Of note, Bro
won't actually pick up the changes to the dependencies until it's
restarted.

The safest course of action would be to restart Bro after dependency
updates. We usually reboot the systems as well, to ensure that the
updates are picked up by all the system components.

  --Vlad