[Bro] Reminder: BroCon ’16 CFP ends Friday June 3rd

Dopheide, Jeannette M jdopheid at illinois.edu
Mon May 23 13:00:32 PDT 2016

Interested in presenting at BroCon ’16 this year? Our call for presentations ends Friday, June 3rd.

We are looking for talks to represent the many applications of Bro. Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:
   * as a tool for solving problems;
   * interesting user stories, solutions, or research projects;
   * a postmortem analysis of a security incident, emphasizing Bro’s contribution;
   * the value Bro brings to your professional work;
   * and, using Bro for more than intrusion detection.
Criteria for evaluating proposals include whether the topic is applicable to multiple types of organizations, gives people ideas to take home and use, can be understood by a broad audience, or is novel to many in the audience. Scrolling through our YouTube Channel may provide some insight into the types of presentations we wish to feature. Plan on limiting your talk to 30-35 minutes with an additional 10 minutes for questions/comments.

Send abstracts (max 500 words) to: info at bro.org
Subject: BroCon 2016 Call for Presentations
Submission due date: Friday, June 3rd
Target date for announcing speakers: Friday July 1st

Presentationss are selected by the Bro Leadership Team:
   * Seth Hall, International Computer Science Institute
   * Keith Lehigh, Indiana University
   * Vern Paxson, University of California at Berkeley / International Computer Science Institute
   * Michal Purzynski, Mozilla Foundation
   * Aashish Sharma, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
   * Adam Slagell, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
   * Robin Sommer, International Computer Science Institute

------

Jeannette Dopheide
Education Outreach Coordinator