[Bro] plugin help

Dk Jack dnj0496 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:32:35 PDT 2016

Hi,
I have a written a small bro plugin. I followed the instructions on the bro
plugin page.
If I put my plugin code in <bro-base>/lib/bro/plugins directory everything
works fine.
For testing purposes, I'd like to keep plugins directory different from the
final directory.
If I have my plugin in /abc/def and set my BRO_PLUGIN_PATH=/abc/def
directory, it fails to load. I run bro using the following command:

    > <bro-base>/bin/bro -N

The program coredumps...The failure happens in the InitBifs code... which
calls my
plugin bif init function. The plugin directory layout is exactly the same
as when it works
if I put the plugins directory in <bro-base> directory. Is there something
I need to setup
if I have the plugins directory in a different location? thanks.

Dk