[Bro] af_packet/pf_ring equivalency

Drew Dixon dwdixon at umich.edu
Fri Nov 4 09:28:06 PDT 2016

The documentation for installing netsniff-ng is not great so I don't blame
you, however, it's not all that bad if you just run the one liner to
install all the dependancies for your respective distro and then
compile/build just ifpps using the following:

One-liner installation for *all* dependencies on Debian:

  $ sudo apt-get install ccache flex bison libnl-3-dev \
  libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-route-3-dev libgeoip-dev \
  libnetfilter-conntrack-dev libncurses5-dev liburcu-dev \
  libnacl-dev libpcap-dev zlib1g-dev libcli-dev libnet1-dev

One-liner installation for *all* dependencies on Fedora:

  $ sudo yum install ccache flex bison ccache libnl3-devel \
  GeoIP-devel libnetfilter_conntrack-devel ncurses-devel \
  userspace-rcu-devel nacl-devel libpcap-devel zlib-devel \
  libcli-devel libnet-devel

Compile/build options:

./configure
sudo make ifpps
sudo make ifpps_install

OR (I'd recommend this if you want more tools but the tunneling stuff, FYI
it also creates dependency issues [at least on Fedora based distros] so
exclude it using this)

./configure
sudo make allbutcurvetun
sudo make install_allbutcurvetun