[Bro] required ports open for cluster?

Azoff, Justin S jazoff at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 9 06:02:54 PST 2016

> On Nov 9, 2016, at 7:15 AM, erik clark <philosnef at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, so then if I have things segregated into different enclaves that can only talk to the logger and manager, you are saying this breaks the cluster?

If you're having trouble with cluster communication, that's probably why.  Workers don't need to be able to connect to each other, but the other node types and workers need to be able to see each other.  If you use a hostname it has to resolve properly to an IP that works everywhere.  127.0.0.1 or similar will not work.

--
- Justin Azoff