[Bro] New Bro cluster

John Edwards jedwards2728 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 00:23:58 PST 2016

Hi

I currently have two bro stand alone workers analysing traffic. I am
building 6 more systems so in total i will have 1 Manager/Proxy and 3
workers per leg of my gateway i need to have visibility on.

I was going to spec out the workers the most and then im not 100% on the
front end worker options. Do i place the PF_RING on each worker and the
manager? Or just the workers? And i am not familiar with the other pieces
of hardware mentioned in the clustering guide as a front end option if I
don't use PF_RING . Would a F5 load balancer that had a VIP for the workers
sending traffic to the manager work just as good? Or not a good option?

Thanks
John